Where did Jesus go when He died on the Cross? 1 Peter 3:19-20.
3 major views.
1. Went to hell to preach to spirits of people who died from the flood.
2. Proclaimed Victory throughout the spiritual realm.
3. “Preached” in a sense through Noah prior to the flood.
I Prefer option 2.
1. Jesus is one in essence with the Godhead. He is omnipresent.
2. Sheol/Hades & Hell. Sheol/Hades; two separated parts, Paradise & Punishment = hell.
3. The word is Proclaim, not preach. A victory has been herald!
What about 1 Peter 4:5 (before they died) and Ephs 4:8-9? (Lower parts of the earth means earth = ground zero).
Stay Tuned for Next Week! Did Peter say Baptism Saves You?