2 Peter 3; Last Day Scoffers
Written as reminders to stimulate wholesome thinking. 2 Peter 3:1
(2Pe 3:2 NIV) - I want you to recall
1. the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and
2. the command given by our Lord and Savior -- through your apostles. **New Testament**
Last Day Scoffers: 2 Peter 3:3-5.
When you Deliberately Forget God, God gives you over. Romans 1:24-32
Destroyed by water, destroyed by fire. 2 Peter 3:6– 8, Gen. 1:6-7.
God’s Patience. 2 Peter 3:8-9.
Jesus prophesies about the end times. False christs & prophets.
Matt 24:21-27. 600 yrs later, Muhammad & Islam, 2000 yrs Joseph Smith & Mormons
Looking forward to Home a New Heaven & Earth: Pe 3:10-13. Rev. 21:1-8.
A Strict Warning: Rev. 21:8,
1. My opinion doesn’t matter; I can’t judge you.
2. Your opinion doesn’t matter; You can’t say what is right or wrong.
3. What God says is all that matters. What does God say?
Homosexuality is sin. 1 Cr. 6:9-10.
BUT: 1 Cr. 6:11 Washed, Sanctified, Justified.
A righteousness from God apart from the law. Romans 3:21-26.
So then, Make Every Effort. . . . . 2 Peter 3:14-15.
Peter mentions Paul. 2 Pe 3:16.
Therefore: Be On Your Guard. 2 Pe 3:17 and 18.